The Oncology Research Centre (ORC) is a multi-disciplinary group in which basic, translational and clinical investigators from the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) and UZ Brussel collaborate. The ORC provides the opportunity to combine different expertises, conduct studies and share information in the field of oncology. These opportunities optimize and facilitate basic-, pre-clinical-, translational-, psychosocial, clinical- and public health research being performed by scientists at the ORC.
To advance scientific knowledge in the field of oncology for the benefit of the patients.
- Share information about current and future research projects.
- Coordinate collaboration and foster interactions between members of the cluster.
- Facilitate external contacts.
- Optimize the utilization of common resources and technology platform.
- Integrate expertise and efforts of the participating groups to achieve a centre of expertise in the VUB/UZ.
- Establish state-of-the art technology platforms that facilitate basic- and translational cancer research.
- Accelerate and maximize access to innovative treatments for the cancer patients.
We would like to draw your attention to the OncoVideo Project for education in cancer treatment:
Designed for professionals in oncology, OncoVideos is an online library of twenty four ACOE CME accredited videos showing standard procedures related to the various oncology disciplines. The videos are slide shows including filmed sessions of procedures. Each video lasts between 20 to 30 minutes.
Oncovideos are offered free of charge upon a simple registration process.